There are several government programs that can assist employers, community leaders, educators, services and programs gain access to help to get involved by giving proactive change to help eliminate violence against women.
This can be achieved by:
- teaching respect
- provide activities that support gender inequalities
- broaden community knowledge of the high rate of victims and cause and effects of domestic violence
- increase community knowledge on intervention and prevention strategies
- encourage the development of a Domestic Violence Strategy Committee
- development of workshop- focus groups teaching a no tolerance policy of domestic violence
- gain an understanding of the role of the Death Review Committee and create awareness of their recommendations specific to fatal domestic violence homicides in your communities
- Child Victim / Witness Program
- Domestic Violence Court Program
- Internet Child Exploitation Counselling Program
- Partner Assault Response Programs
- Sexual Assault / Rape Crisis Centres
- Victim / Witness Assistance Program
- Victim Crisis Assistance & Referral Services
- Victim Quick Response
- Victim Support Line
The Ontario Women’s Directorate (OWD) celebrates the strengths, achievements and diversity of women throughout Ontario. We work with community partners to help women achieve financial independence and safety from violence by building relationships with our partners throughout Ontario.
The Community Grant Program’s goal was to improve supports and services to victims of crime in communities across the province.
The Family Responsibility Office helps people meet their child and spousal support responsibilities.
The Ontario Victim Services Secretariat (OVSS) is here to help. OVSS works to ensure that victims of crime are treated with respect and receive the information and services they need.
Some Government Acts
- Child and Family Services Act
- Christopher’s Law
- Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
- Police Services Act of Ontario
- Sex Offender Information Registry Act
- Victim Empowerment Act